Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 02:37:45 -0400
Hi folks,

I have been reading about the mink topic and wanted to add my two
cents....

I think the capturing and killing of minks for humans is pure evil!
It's just that simple. Those who do it should be killed and skinned
just as they have done. I tend to be very one sided about this. I would
also like to commend the FINE men and women who tried to "liberate"
those little babies. We need more just like you. On that note I believe
that if captured mink, or any animal for that matter, had a choice to
be liberated and have a chance or to be brutally killed, which to you
think they would choose. If you were to end up in a concentration camp
in the middle of the desert and you had a chance to be set free would
you go? I would!

Our little Rhea! Boy... remember her? My little attack ferret, my
killer of all things! Well I am SUPER happy to report that she is
COMPLETELY CURED! When I first met Rhea she was a biter and very
scared. If you picked her up she would latch on for dear life. Her
little legs would spread and go stiff as if worried or scared. Then
if, god forbid, I kissed her she would show me how much she loved me
by giving me a very bloody lip!! Ah those were the days....

Anyway for the last 2 week straight I can say she is completely
different. I had gotten her biting pretty much under control but she
would always do that stiffen up thing when I picked her up. I just
thought that was maybe how she was. But for the last 2 weeks when I
pick her up all I see is a straight body. Her little legs fall limp.
Oh my little girl she.... finely trust me. Now that she does I will
be taking her to the vet!! This way she can be mad at me again. Ah I
aim to please.

We are going to Mitzy's office. She is the only vet I think who can see
what is up with her. She loses hair on her arms and body sometimes. I
have done skin cultures but nothing. I have run the gamut of ideas so
now I am going to let the master do her stuff. Road trip!!

--
Misty Hosier
Kiki's Corner, Ferret Home