From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:53:03 -0400
Tara wrote:
>The very BEST thing we can do is send letter after letter---phone message
>after phone message to Judge Michael Allphin
>
>Again Fax to 1-801-447-3880
>Voice mail: 1-801-447-3850
>His secretary: 1-801-447-3801
>Case number: 011601083
>PLEASE do not loose that case number!

We do not have a fax machine.  Could someone send that judge (and maybe
that reporter -- of better, the editor) an informative note about animal
hoarding and animal abuse that can be found at these sites:

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoarding.html, and
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/MunicipaLawyer.pdf and
http://www.legis.state.il.us/publicacts/pubact92/acts/92-0454.html and
http://www.mhsource.com/pt/p000425.html (hoarding and how it hurts animals)

If I recall right at least some of these have permission to copy and
distribute attached to them, and it is always possible ask for permission
when such notes are not readily apparent, plus URLs can be given along
with a description of the source's expertise.

Getting such professional data should help inform without alienating, and
that could mean that the next time the book will be thrown at the person.

I heard from a very nice person in the mental health profession that these
were appreciated; it's an area too few people know anything about and is
NOT well enough covered in laws almost anywhere or in health approaches --
YET.  Get this info out there: to judges, to legislators, to public health
professionals, and to mental health professionals!  If we each distribute
it some then the progress will spiral upward.