From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:07:14 -0800
Greeting to all and special thoughts for all of you with sick ferrets,

As previous posters pointed out quite eloquently, thinking about breeding
ferrets and also starting a shelter don't seem to be a logical match.

I am surprised that no one has commented on the possible lack of knowlege
hinted at in the original post.  Mo lab, do you have four whole ferrets?
If so, you should be aware of the problems that jills encounter if they
are NOT bred.  I am under the impression that most ferrets are neutered
before they are sold and that you have to make a special effort to get
those who are not.  If you do have four whole ferrets, it isn't important
who you put with whom.  Nature will probably take its course without your
interference.

And for whom is breeding a "good experence"?  Certainly not the ferret
who is bred for friends who might want one.  Do you know anything about
raising kits or caring for the mother after the kits are gone?

PLEASE!  Will someone with more knowledge of breeding ferrets comment on
this post?  I am not qualified, only concerned.

Shirley