Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 09:38:56 -0500
howdy folks:

well, niblet has arrived as our newest drop off and she's very unsocial to the
wild ten.  her history is that she was kept in an aquirium with cedar chips
and very rarely, esp in the last two months, let out because the older ferret
kept beating her up.  so now, she's with us.  she very nice around humans, no
biting and just follows us all around, but with the other ferrets and cats,
she's completely on the offensive.  and she's not desented, as we found out.
she sprayed about ten times yesterday at everyone.

so far, we've held her and the other ferrets while they smelll each other.
we've had her licking the linatone bottle and then let the other ferrets join
her (that went well).  we finally had to set up this huge dog carrier that i
had for her in the ferret rooms for her to live in and everyone to get used
to each other.

i've never seen anything like this before and i've introduced seven different
ferrets to each other over the past five years.  given her past history of
being attacked, this is definatly not play.  does anyone have any other ideas
of how to socialize this unsocial creature?

thanks

beckers, larry, the wild ten and niblet