From:
Melissa Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 07:33:24 -0800
Help :-(

My female did one of those things you hope will never happen.  My hubby
decided to keep her from jumping from the bathtub to the sink he would leave
the toilet open.  She fell in.  He was there and pulled her out again.  She
seemed unfazed.  That night she started getting quiet.  Like she was tired.
Yesterday he took her to the vet and the vet said she has a little
congestion and it is probably pneumonia.  She gave us med, Tribrissen to be
given .25cc every 12 hours.  I am so beside myself with worry.  Has anyone
dealt with pneumonia?  Anyone heard of that med?

The vet also told my husband that young ferrets often get cancer which is
aggressive and fast growing and that if it is not pneumonia it could be a
cancer.  I don't know how she came up with that but I am going to call her
today and talk with her.

I guess my question is, what can I do to get past this pneumonia?  Is this
a good antibiotic?

Thanks for any help or advice.
Melissa Thomas
ICQ 1229090