From:
"all yr weezils r belong to us." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:12:17 -0700
>"The Comet Cursor is the original cursor application that lets you turn
>that boring black and white arrow into a vibrant, useful tool.
>
>How vibrant?  Using Fun Cursors, you could be pointing with [FERRETS!],
>
>Best of all, it's free and it's quick!  Stop by
>http://cometcursor.cometsystems.com"

it's a fun little application, but i have to pipe up, here... the growing
tendency that people have to use comet cursors on their webpages is
*infuriating*--if you *don't* want ot download it, or can't for whatever
reason (lab computer policy at work, in my case), the pop-up window
asking you to download CC comes up *every time* you load a page on a site
that has comet cursor installed...

so, use it on your home computer, but keep it off your webpages, and
spread the word!  i've noticed more and more sites doing this, and it's
all well and good to have a cute little ferret cursor, or rat cursor, or
whatever, but the pop-up windows are just beyond annoying.

*grumble*

-kat, who is apparently cranky today.