From:
Kate Pappas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:02:04 -0800
Hi everyone,

Not too long ago, I answered a post to confirm that "atypical hair
loss" could be a symptom of adrenal disease. Our little 2 1/2 year old
sable male had adrenal disease. Zorro was fully furred on his derriere
and the base of his tail--but had a bald spot on top, a bald chest,
thin fur on his shoulder blades and a fat pink "possum tail" bald from
the tip to the bottom third.

We put him on Lupron, and I am thankful, happy, pleased and proud to
report that he is experiencing lovely, lush, plush regrowth of fur.
It's so soft and dense and absolutely gorgeous, and we are calling him
our "Little Bear" again!

His little bald pink chest is now dark and glossy--and his white "badge
of honor" even grew back! His tail has such dark, thick fur that it
looks like a cat's tail. His head has one tiny not-so-long spot right
on top, and the rest of is is covered with a salt-and-pepper winter
coat that is elegant to the extreme, contrasting nicely with his sable
"bib" and feet.

What a hunk of a cuddle-bunny sweet good big boy he is! I'm sure
his sister Mickey appreciates the extra softness and warmth of his
beautiful regrown coat. What a huge difference the Lupron made! Night
and day. Before and after. Incredible, amazing, totally wonderful
transformation--talk about an "extreme makeover!"

He's gone from looking like a shrunken little old bald guy, to looking
like the young and handsome fellow that he really is--and we are all
VERY thankful!

Best to you all,
Kate, Mickey and Zorro

p.s. thanks to all of you who sent encouragement and good will!