From:
Karl Brodhecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:21:06 -0800
We received a grand gift for the season from a former ferret owner named
Steven.

Seems Steven was employed at the printing shop where we have our material
produced and saw us and some of my ferrets as we placed and picked orders
up.  Steven went on to bigger and better things, but remembered us a while
back.

He sent us a donation of $1,000 on condition that we buy a least one tin of
raisins for the ferrets.  This is almost 10% of our yearly budget, so it is
a significant benefit.

We just want to thank Steven for his generousity and we can assure him
that the Society's foster ferrets will each get a tin of raisins, but more
importantly, they will receive the dental and medical care they need: We
currently have three kits in awaiting altering and descenting, and four
ferrets needing dental care.

We won't forget the others here in B.C. who also contributed to us over
the past year, the majority of whom aren't even ferret owners.  Together
you gave us another thousand dollars towards the cause.

Best wishes to all who helped, and may you have a New Year filled with
a prosperity that reflects your generousity to these little friends.

Karl Brodhecker, President,
on behalf of the members of FIRST Society and all our members, volunteers,
and the many people who hae adopted ferrets through us.

Ferret Information Rescue Shelter & Trust Society
FIRST (Ferret) Society
A Charity for Ferret Welfare in British Columbia
Contact:  [log in to unmask]  URL:  www.ferrets.org
Tel:  604.263.7481  Fax:  604.263.0314