From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 21:22:25 -0400
Fran's story reminded me of my first try with Bob C's chicken gravy - I
had nasty raw chicken everywhere (even in my hair), but not much in the
pot .... Then I got smart - next time, I cut the chicken up and cooked it
with most of the other ingredients for 45 minutes in my pressure cooker -
cooled to room temperature (still sealed) and then put it thru the
blender - bones and all.  The bones become soft and powdery - no sharp
bits to endanger tiny digestive tracts, and no more dead appliances ....
also, I freeze it in the square 25 oz. Glad Ware (or similar) containers,
thaw one as I need it, and cut each portion into 16-20-25 cubes,
depending on the number of ferrets at the time.  I currently have 5
ferrets (two ill ones), and 20 cubes works best for them.  I use 2 cubes
each AM and PM - everyone gets a little twice a day, the ill ones get
more - thus, if anyone gets sick, he knows and loves the Bob C's - and I
hide their meds in it - no strain, no fuss.  And they stay well hydrated
and nourished ....