From:
Wendy Godwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 23:42:28 -0400
I have come across some info in one of my ferret books that I find just a
little bit strange.  When I purchased my Kellie about 6 1/2 months ago, the
saleslady at the pet store recommended this book.  I took it home and
decided I didn't like it, so I went out and got another one.  Tonight as I
was going through my old books, I came across this one and read the section
on nutrition.  The author says "If you can trap mice or find a fresh
road-killed squirrel, that will make excellent food for your ferret." The
paragraph goes on to say that you should try to offer your ferret moles,
birds, beetles, grubs, and greaves.  This is the first time I have ever
heard this before and I just wanted to know if this author is crazy or am I
just uneducated?  Any feedback on this strange info would be appreciated.  I
can be reached by e-mail at [log in to unmask]  Thanks.

Wendy
Kellie (Come on mom, let me get just one nibble on your new shoe)
Katie (Ha! While she's typing, let's knock over this Ferretone!)
O'Mallie the Alley Cat (I wish they would stop jumping on my back)