From:
Death Adder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:35:01 -0700
>What does feeling that all of God's creatures have the right to life
>have to do with making one think that we hate another?  I personally
>LOVE ferrets...don't know how I ever lived my life without them.  I do
>my part to help eliminate more crowding of the feral cat population by
>volunteering at and capturing for my local feral cat program.  But who
>is actually given the right to decide that feral cats have no rights
>and should be killed? ...
>
>There are soooo many great causes to support out there.... keep in
>mind....ALL of them seem to have 1 goal in common: to keep things ALIVE,
>not to kill them.

MY remarks :
>Ok rant over, so what have we learned with this exercise,, feral cats
>are good, ferrets bad,,...

Was ment to show the silly side of it all.  See the object of this
campain was to have a set arguement about feral cats being harmful to
the enviorment , more so than any ferret could achieve if put in the
same sucumstances (spell check) .

So from using a already placed killer as an example was the idea.  Not to
out right kill off all cats .  Just state that the feral cats will kill
off the wildlife as the CA F&G said the ferrets in the wild would do so
why don't they treat feral cats as a threat?

All creatures have a right to life, it is just how far back do you want
to take the arguement, to killing cattle for beef , killing minks for
pelts or killing thousands of germs when you brush your teeth.  You are
including ALL animals right?  Sort of a strange agruement but one I used
when a lady started yelling at us for eating a steak at a local dinner's
outdoor seating that was next to the sidewalk...

She went off mad and we went on eating .  Last time I looked I have
omnivore teeth, both vegetable matter and flesh alike.  Am I a more
humane person for not eating meat ?  Yes to some , No to others who like
meat.  So let those who like tofu eat it , but let us eat our flesh.
BTW, No ferret should ever be on a strict diet of vegetables, they are
carnivores... Death Adder