From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 05:22:11 -0400
Hopefully, the majority of fml`ers read my "forget it", with the correct
punctuation, and not the WRONG way, which was not what sukie had
meant...... This was only 'my' experience with my local spca, AND I have
not 'thrown my arms up' yet with them!  And, as said again, please DO
send in any & all ideas on how to help!  It IS all relevant to this
cause!

TO ALL: How are your 'general shelters' funded in your area?  Don`t
know?  Make a point to find out!  Maybe they are not tied down to the
"budget" crunches facing Goverment bodies, as is the case here in
Cumberland County.  I wish all could be funded as well as the "ASPCA" in
NYC, as seen on "Animal Precinct" on the Animal channel!  Just watching
their "resource bag" full of 'on staff', qualified vets, the latest
treatment techniques, behavior evaluations for their shelter residents,
and just the overall GREAT hospital they operate, makes me envious to
be stuck here in the 'semi-swamps' of South Jersey!

My MAIN CONCERN, as I pointed out in the same post, was how are these
"General Shelters", if they DO take on the task of learning about a
new (to them) species, going to 'screen' the applicants even 1/4 as
effectively as our present shelters/rescues do now??....THIS could be
affected by, as I said, HOW your local gen. shelters are funded!... And
maybe qualified "volunteers", you, me, yes YOU,.from our experiences,....
could take up that task for "the good of the species", in lieu of pay?!
Just another idea.....but most of us are pretty worn out with our own
fuzzies, work, family, etc., let alone 'judging' one`s credentials to
'adopt' a fuzzbutt from a non-specific shelter....

How about if everyone VISIT your local shelter(General), see what`s
there,...talk to the attendants, ask about their thoughts on the idea....
positive steps, all!  Sukie is correct,...we have to try, try to come
up with any ideas that might help put us all on "target" for our goals!!
I think I`ll go down & visit all my friends at the spca, and also the
humans there, too!!(LOL)....As "they" say, I`ll "Run It(the idea) up
the flagpole, and see if they`ll salute!!... Couldn`t hurt.....

Dooks......John Rich & the n.j. gang, USA.
(hoping my 'shelter' doesn`t have anymore 'rescues' for me!)

john rich <[log in to unmask]>
"ALL MY BEST FRIENDS CHASE RABBITS, & EAT SH_T"......(a saying originally
referring to Beagles!)..