From:
Shawn Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 03:55:12 -0700
I'm sure you all are familiar with the brightly colored plastic treat
balls with the adjustable opening for different sized treats.  My ferrets
had a "ball" with theirs, pushing it through miles and miles of tubes in
their play area.

Monday, I noticed it was missing.  Look under the chair-- Look in that
tiny space by the shelves in the corner-- Check all the tubes-- Check the
cages-- Look in sleep sacks-- So where is the (!) thing?  Suddenly, I
notice a round piece of orange plastic next to the dog's bone; turns out
its the part of the ball that turns to adjust for the different sized
treats.  Well, we know what happened to the rest of it!

After a bit of vommiting and lots of Cat Lax, I think our Labrador is
feeling much better.  We affectionately call her "Hoover" (like the
vacuum), because she "hoover's" the floor (and anything else her snout
can reach) for food.  I doubt she has any idea her belly ache came from
that hard plastic ball with the yummy treats the ferts and cat get.

Beware of ferret and cat toys that your dog or other pets might eat.  We
are lucky Gertie is so big, else she couldn't pass that plastic, even in
chewed pieces.

Dooks to all,
Lori and Rat's Brats

Smokey: "We'res da ball with da treats in it?"
Lance: "Da big dog sneaked in da playpen and got it."
Smokey: "Well, I'm gonna go get it back!  That's mine!  I'm da princess!"
Lance: "Me thinks da dog ate da whole ball with da treats in it.  There
was much munching and crunching and me saw a piece of it near her bone."
Smokey: "Am I gonna have to bite da dog on da nose again?"