From:
"A. Abate/C. Kinsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 03:43:55 -0500
Has anyone noticed that ferrets bite?  Even the sweetest, if the
circumstances present themselves, just cannot be trusted.  We have 35
ferrets at our shelter and there is not one that I would ever be silly
enough to claim, would NEVER ever bite.  So at the shelter we never, ever
offer anything but a butt end for a friendly pat from a stranger.

For those who seek to further the acceptance of ferrets as pets, in
California or whereever, it is no service to the cause to allow such events
as the Rocky situation to occur.  Ferrets keep dying unnecessarily because
we put their lives in jeapardy.  We only have ourselves to blame.  These
lovely creatures pay the price.  What if Fish and Game had showed up at the
march and confiscated and killed every ferret there?  Would it have been
worth the price?  Ask Rocky....if you could.

Ferret Rescue of the Western States