From:
ferretdamce83 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:47:06 -0500
Codo is having trouble again. We've got him from three legs not working
to being able to walk and play some through physical therapy over the
last eight months. Still, there will always be some permanent nerve
damage from when his previous owner stepped on him and did
God-only-knows what else to him.

We are used to seeing muscle spasms that straighten out his leg, making
it unbendable for a time. Massage helps this, but I can't always be
there to rub it out. The newest symptom is repetitive scratching. His
leg is moving without his control. He seems very confused by the leg's
action. It is a back leg that is affected, so he is nails are catching
along his side. This is causing sores. He is scratching open his skin
and scratching off his fur. Just to be clear, there are no fleas, his
skin is otherwise clear (no rashes), and he is absolutely not doing
this on purpose.

We really need help. This situation gets more complicated, when you
consider that Codo is often falling over, sometimes into the litter
area. I don't want any infections to start, if he falls into the poop
on the side with the sore issue.

So, Codo's saga continues...

With respect,
Lori in Ohio

Ferrets: Rhys & Frost, Ayla & Codo, Holly & Charlie
Cats: Reaganne & Little Miss