From:
Mia and Patrick Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:08:55 -0700
Hi Folks
I received the following mail today, it so infuriated me that I have simply
forwarded it.  If I tried to write it down I would be flying to Sweden and
assaulting assorted *%*#$* ferret vets and breeders.  So please read it and
pass the info on.  If we work together we can stop this disgusting practice
BEFORE it becomes common.

Mia

By the by, Mia, I forgot to mention it and I don't know if Kitty told you,
but we had a little Swedish Long Haired jill (also called an Angora I
think) come to us.  She was going into season regular as clockwork then
cycling out when we put her with one of our boys, but she was NOT getting
pregnant.  We did some checking around and heard that the Swedes were
removing the uterus but leaving the ovaries in these little girls.  We
couldn't believe it ( what sort on unconscionable idiot does something like
that to the sweetest little critters on G-d's green earth?) but once we
heard that most of them which had been brought over here had died and only
the ones who their owners knew of the situation and had rushed their little
girls to the vet to have the ovaries removed also were still among the
living, we did the same.  Sure enough, the G-d damned Swedes had removed
her uterus and left her ovaries.  I know, that >for a fact cause I was
there and I watched those ovaries come out, and there >was NO uterus in
there either!  It seems that is common practice in Sweden >for show dogs
and some dolts figured it out to work on wizzles too.

Would you pass on this info to any and every one you can think of who has
the slightest thing to do with ferrets in any way?  Particularly any one
who has anything to do with ferrets coming in from Europe and most
especially Sweden.  If the word gets out we can either get the practice
changed or warn owners and prospective owners that they MUST get their new
little jills in to a competent vet to get those ovaries removed before the
natural course of events kills their new little baby.

Disgustedly,

Tommy

BC Ferret list - http://www.geocities.com/heartland/estates/5172