From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:03:10 -0500
Here in Texas for about 3 or 4 months now people have been turning in
ferrets left and right - not only to rescues but to pounds and shelters
also.  We've all experienced this before but it used to be older and
mostly sick ferrets.  This time it's young ferrets as well, even kits.
And to make sure our numbers stay high the only people applying for
adoption seem to be - well not only not educated in the best ways to keep
ferrets (they've done no research), but when at I talk to them and tell
them best practices they don't seem to comprehend or retain the
information.  DNAs

There is good news.  I have received several good applications in the
last couple of weeks, but the ferrets are still coming in.  SO I'm
wondering is this a national trend ..  are the rescues all around the
country filled to capacity with little applicant activity?  What's going
on?  Who's not full?

Vicki
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Pasadena, TX 77506