From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 10:03:17 CST
Hi again, Mary here.  I posted a while back on my Rowdy that has the urine
rash.  Thanks for all the good advise.  Unfortunately he still has it, some
days better than others... I have 10 ferrets, 8 which we recently adopted
from a shelter here in Texas in November (Ferret math struck hard 1+1+1 = 3
-1 = 10) I hope when we loose another one we don't adopt 8 more :o) We
adopted some older ones too (5-6 yrs) along with 3 of the younger ones (1-2
yrs).  We love them all!  The whole idea was to get Chico and Rowdy some
"friends" because Rowdy is 5 and with his 3 surgeries didn't know how many
more years he'd be with us.  Unfortunately Chico (my little hellion) has
not accepted them all yet, getting close, it's going on 7 weeks now which
is another story altogether... Sorry for rambling, just wanted to give you
some history.

Now to my question on ear cleaning:  I purchased a product called Marshall
Ear Cleaner which has propylene glycol, malic acid, benzoic acid,
salicylic acid and lucalypot in it.  Is this an OK product to use, should
I just use Q-tips and water to clean their ears, or is there some other
product that is better?  I'm just trying to make it easier on them and us
at ear cleaning time!

My blessings to all those who lost their loved ones over the bridge.  I
just can't read all the "heart warming" stories because it makes me cry too
much!  I know, I know, what am I going to do when I loose mine - cry, cry,
and cry!  But, I don't have to think about that yet, thank goodness!

Thanks, I really appreciate all your help.
Mary and Rob
and all the critters (10 ferrets, 4 cats and 1 3-legged dog)

Mary Rogers
Executive Secretary I
Business Voice Products and Services
(972) 718-6532