Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:10:19 -0400
Well I just got back from the vet's office and my 4 year old ferret Buck
Shot has just been diagnosed with lymphoma (after a biopsy of his
severely enlarged spleen).  What are my options?  How effective is chemo?
Is there anyway to tell (without the blood tests) how advanced it is?

My vet is holding him right now to get some X-Rays and blood work to
determine the best course of action, but he has very little experience
giving chemo to ferrets (most owners refuse chemo), though he did say
that lymphoma has a proved to be a really good treatment for lymphoma in
general.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have never had to
deal with this before.  If it matters, the vet said his lymphnodes don't
appear to be swollen and everything else appears normal except his spleen
is about three times too big (and when tested revealed lymphoma cells).

Thanks For Your Help,
Lisa and the Diabolical Dozen