Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:30:55 EDT
Come on--I just brought her home.  How could she be lost?

I got a call from the vet office, and prepared soup for everyone while
Maria was reacquainting herself with her new home.

I fed her, she tubed, she chortled on and on with Miss Mini-Me.  She pooped
a big one in the middle of the carpeting.  Then I lost her.

I have never had a ferret this tiny. She could be anywhere.
Lost? I carefully searched every room-pulling out every drawer.
Lost? Lost deep in my satin pajamas, curled in my largest bottom drawer:

She looks like a tiny new born fawn....

a lump of tenderness catches in my throat. eyes blurr.  little Maria.
she is found
-and i am lost.