From:
"J. Gordon Bengtson, CI/ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:27:54 -0400
Often on here I read of one person complaining of someone doing 'dirt' to
another.  Yet this act is usually a response to 'something' that started
it and is an attempt to get even or get back.  Is very sad that ferret
shelters cannot get along with other shelters or the public in general
where discourse results and we see these posts.

Shelters who turn away animals for reasons other than they are full will
see such retaliations, a shelter even full to capacity will take a needy
animal in, not only one they can turn around for a profit.  Phone calls
for potential adopters and also those to 'donate' a ferret are always
answered by shelters.  Less than focused shelters will choose which calls
to return.  Shelters care for the animals even after being adopted out,
but there are shelters that do not want to hear again from or about an
animal and refuse calls and dialogue on adopted animals.

It is a shameful event to have such mentalities but in rare circumstances
this does happen and people take revenge in some way to damage.

I have been the focus of one such shelter for a most simple matter it
would not raise an eyebrow on a normal person but is what has happened.
For the most part I have found almost every shelter above board in how
the animals are received, adopted and the public treated.  Is sad one
or two choose to behave otherwise but their complaints are testimony of
cause and effect.  Good shelters never have these problems and you never
see such things on the FML from good shelters.  Please, let there be
peace and fun for all but most of all let there be safety for our
precious animals who depend on us for their very lives.

Gordon, Byte-me and Kodo
Remembering Podo, Bud and Nibble-ed