From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:16:27 -0500
Hello.  Just a reminder to new ferret moms and dads about hairballs.
Don't be afraid to give them hairball medicine when they're shedding.
Mine are going through their annual fall shedding now (lots of little
hairs left behind on bedding).  Usually I give the hairball laxative when
I hear coughs or see thin poops.  Now I'm giving it almost daily.  Now
I'll be giving it daily.  I noticed all thin poops in the cage this
morning (which with three fuzzies surprised me) then I found a nice wide
poop fresh outside the cage and was shocked to see it was a nice long
hairball!!  They're all getting more laxative now - luckily the malt
taste is appreciated by fuzzies!

Risa
PS My Aunt just sent an e-mail update on her family.  I later realized
that when I replied that I refered to my three "fuzz babies".  Wonder
what they're thinking!  lol