From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 20:00:11 -0800
Kaikoura (Kouri) and Wellington (Welly) are both named for towns in their
homeland - New Zealand.  I've never been to New Zealand, and knowing very
little about it, went to my helpful friend - the internet.  Kaikoura
sounded so pretty.  I was sure it would turn out to be the site of their
nuclear waste dump or a federal penal colony, so was happy to learn it's a
lovely resort town.  When we got the second New Zealand ferret, I
remembered Wellington had been one of the town names I'd seen.

Neugi didn't have a name for a long time.  I was practically on my way out
the door to a ferret show when we got him, and didn't have time to think
about names.  He was 'the new guy' for so long we finally decided to use
that as the basis for a real name.  It's pronounced like woogie,
Neugi-woogie.  Neugi-Woogie-Boogie-Skoogie.

Wellington is also the name of an airplane type, and my aviator husband,
when we got our next ferret, wanted her to also have an airplane name.  He
wanted to call her SHACKLEFORD.  She is a couple of pounds of tippy toeing,
bouncing, backward skittering, delightful little girl, and he wanted to
name her SHACKLEFORD?  I think NOT!  I'm sure she is much happier being
Muffet-Wuffet the Buffet-Puffet.  I know I am.

Those other two?  Yes, of course they have silly-willy names too.  They are
Kouri-Worie-Borie and Welly-Welly-Jelly-Belly.

Georgie-Worgie - the leftie-weftie one...