From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 07:41:20 -0700
First...let me say thank you to all who wrote with suggestions and
possibilities...i can not tell you how much i have appreciated it...i
tried to respond to each of you individually...i hope i did not miss
anyone... any one of the responses could have been the one we were
looking for...

Second...i fwd'd most of them to my vet tech to check out...he is the one
who has been doing most of the research for/on charlie...

i have permission to post his response to me...i will also be putting this
on charlie's "illness" page to kinda tie it all together...

************
Kat -
I have reviewed all the information you have forwarded.  Please know that
both Dr. R and I discussed and reviewed the literature on urolith and
prostatic problems prior to the exam on Charlie this week.  The urinary
tests and physical examination ruled out bladder infection or blockage
from uroliths, and the bladder examination revealed a lack of muscular
tone which is contrary to prostatic blockage or involvement but is
representative of neurological loses.  Combined with Charlie's other
neurological signs and symptoms this leaves little doubt that the problem
is neurological in origin and unfortunately leaves us with little option
for any type of treatment regimen.  While you may be 'grasping for straws',
I can certainly appreciate your concern - I would do the same (and have
been!).  It never hurts to keep looking even in the face of the inevitable.
I just wanted you to understand that we have considered the prostate and
bladder concerns related in your forwards, but the physical symptoms
Charlie is presenting do not fit the requirements for them to be the
diagnosis for his problems.

Continued TLC is all that can be done at this time - keeping the bladder
emptied manually, supportive care in feeding and exercise, and whatever PMA
(positive mental attitude) you can muster to keep him going with a good
quality of life so that his body has the maximum opportunity to repair the
neurological problems (if it is able) is the best chance he has for
recovery.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, and I would like to tell you
there is a simple solution, but I cannot.  My philosophy has always been
to be truthful but honest with such situations.  My advice is to keep him
comfortable, give him love and pray that his body can win the battle.

Best Wishes Always,
[my vet tech]

p.s.  thank all the people for me too, for trying to help in any way they
could.  It restores your faith that people are basically good at heart and
care about one another......
********************

i told him there was no certain answer i wanted to hear...just wanted to
cover all possibilities...:)

thank you all again...this list is just too too wonderful!!!!
love...
kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT... ( a.k.a. ...FuzzieMom ) and the krew...
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey(Shine), Meeja, Narmy, PopPye, Noodles (Slyk),
Charlie, Sandi-Mandi, Hope HollyHeart, & Edison!, "Lucky(13), and
Princess!!!!!
Remembering Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl & OldGuy...at the Bridge!
THE FERRETS' PAGE..."http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396"
Help Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter...Use I-Give...