Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:31:37 -0600
I am writing to point out a mistake I noted in a past issue of the FML.
Someone mentioned me as the "Man of the Year." Obviously, "Man" is a
mispelling of "Nut." You should be more careful; people could get the
wrong idea.

Actually, if *ANY* "person of the year" for the FML was to be awarded, the
first one would have to go to Bill Gruber, hands down.  Bill demonstrates
altruism is a manner not typical to mortal man.  He is unselfish, devoted,
and receives absolutely no compensation for his work (I mean besides the
occasional porn spam he "edits" from the list.  Wait.  I'm serious, so I
can't be a smart ass.  Forget the part about the porn spam...) and he lives
with keyboard impressions on his forehead.  From sleeping on the keyboard,
silly.  You know, computerpox.

Very serious now, I've always been aware of Bill's hard work, but I've
never really experienced it until recently.  While the Fellow Ferret Geeks
Mailing List (about 90 people) is very small compared to the FML, it is
set up to require much less work from moi than the FML does from Bill (I
actually MAKE people decide on separate mailings or digest form, and they
are supposed to change it themselves.  Ain't I a stinker?).  Still, I have
to constantly watch the thing (I watch it because I don't know how to make
it work), I am always incorrectly adding or deleting messages, I am still
trying to figure out what the hell "=20" means, and I am getting extremely
tired of strange CUNY error messages (I've CHECKED the addresses, gosh
darn it!!).  After little more than a week, the little taste of hell I've
experienced has given me a tremendous and huge respect for our moderator
and heaven-sent saint, MR. BIG BILL GRUBER!  (I am now prostrating myself
on the floor, facing New York City, chanting B-I-G as a mantra).  FML
readership, as nice as you all are, are spoiled little babies and Bill is
the BIG Momma.  Come over to the FFGeeks List and you will see exactly how
spoiled you are!

There are few people who would give up as much sleep, put up with me,
listen patiently to wackos explaining EXACTLY why they have the right to
slander and libel other people, pull out every one of those weird little
"=20"s, and STILL get the list out for pathetic short, old and ugly
insominacs can get their virtual ferret fix before the light falls on the
keyboard.  Not me, of course.  I'm not pathetic.

Honestly, really, truthfully, Bill is the "Person of the Year," and has
been for much of this decade.  You are a good man, Bill.

Now, if there was an award for "Pathetic Short Old Ugly Insominac Wiseass
of the Year"....

Bob C and 19 MO' P.S.O.U.I.W.s