From:
"Troy Lynn (FFS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 7 May 1994 19:15:00 -0400
I've scheduled an appointment with Dr. Pelletier (KDHE-acting state
epidemiologist) for Thursday June 2nd to discuss KDHE rabies policy
concerning ferrets.  My intent is to find out why KDHE classifies
ferrets as wild and what info they need to review and revise their
policy.  If anyone has any suggestions or questions (especially health
care professionals) please let me know before May 28th.  I've written
CDC twice and have not received a response.  Does anyone know how I
can get copies of this years Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports?
I'm specifically looking for any issues containing rabies info including
the Compendium of Animal Rabies Control 1994 (of which I have a copy)
because Dr. Pelletier is using the "1991" recommendations that were
printed in the March 1991 issue and need documentation that their (CDC)
recommendations have been revised.   If anyone has this years MMWR
please forward a copy or copies to:  Ferret Family Services, PO Box 186,
Manhattan KS  66502 before May 30th.   Thanks!  Troy Lynn