Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:17:24 -0000
I hate doing this, but I am looking for a home for my give-up, Timmy.  I
have had him for about two months, and during that time, my male Mishka has
continuously been tremendously aggressive towards him.  He paces back and
forth in front of Timmy's cage, tries to bite him through the bars, and
every time I let them near eachother, Mishka bites Timmy severely, despite
the use of bitter apple and any restraint I can administer.  Timmy has
started to pull fur off his legs again( it just grew back in), which I
interpret as a stress symptom, and so I feel that as much as I adore him,
it isn't good for him to be around such an agressive ferret - it is
obviously stressing him out.

Timmy is about 3 years old, classic chocolate sable, beautiful white
mask, very silky coat, white tips on his paws, big (about 4 1/4 lbs),
and learning to be affectionate with people.  He was given to me by my
mechanic, who caged him pretty much 24/7.  All the items in his cage were
fastened down, and he was fed meow mix.  The mechanic tried to take care
of him, but didn't have time.

When I got him, he was about 1/2 lb overweight, but now looks pretty good,
although he still lacks muscle tone.  He loves all kinds of treats, and
likes to play with people.  He is learning how to be a ferret again, by
playing with my little girl Buttons, and although he is somewhat rough with
her, I think that he would really enjoy living with a group of ferrets.
It has been so gratifying to help him learn how to play and romp - he is
honestly very non-agressive, and needs someone to continue learning to
play.

He does have an enlarged spleen that my vet is looking at -- I am willing
to contribute significantly if and when the surgery takes place, by putting
money in trust with the vet.  Otherwise, his general health seems good.

I truly, truly wish I could keep Timmy, but he has been through so much,
and Mishka just *hates* him so much -- Timmy runs away from him when he
approaches the cage!  If you're interested in Timmy, please email me.  I
am in St. Louis, MO, and will deliver to the right person.

Thanks for listening
Melissa
Mishka, Buttons, & Timmy