From:
Renee Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:00:03 -0400
I had to laugh at your post because it brought back some memories.  I got
my first two fuzzies when I was in college.  They were a good way to meet
people.  However, I found that a Guy holding a ferret will attract more
women than a Woman holding a ferret will attract guys.  Unfair!

While I never took money for my ferret rentals, one of my best guy friend
would ask me, can I borrow Sneezy?  He would then take her out for a walk.
Lo and behold, he would meet lots of girls.

He was into SCA (the people who dress up in armor and fake medieval
battles.)  He took Sneezy for a walk at one of their events.  (Yes, that
was a ferret in his kilt.) "The problem is," he announced after one walk,
"they are attracting the wrong age." Apparently he had been surrounded by
pre-teen girls all wanting to pet the ferret.  Any woman of his own age
would look, then move aside and allow the young girls to pet her.  That
was the last time he took her for a walk off campus.