From:
Laura L'Heureux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:11:45 -0500
Hi y'all!

It's probably been months since I've posted, so lots of you probably don't
know me -- I'm a senior veterinary student at Illinois and have been on FML
since nearly the beginning, about 4 years.  Until about the last year or so
I used to read and post to FML quite regularly, but unfortunately with my
schedule and the way the list has grown in numbers of people and messages, I
have been lucky to read FML once a week.  So I guess basically I'm writing
this message, funny though it may seem after being quiet for so long, to say
goodbye, at least to the FML at large.

I've learned an awful lot through this list -- you people helped me get a
start in ferret medicine by helping me find contacts I might never otherwise
have known -- I had the terrific experience of working with Dr.  Tom
Kawasaki in Woodbridge and at the same time with Dr.  Jean Wardell who has
become a wonderful ferret vet herself, as well as a very good friend, and
she will be hooding me in my graduation ceremony next month.  Without FML I
might never have known about them, let alone gotten to work with and get to
know them.  h and become friends with them.

In that vein, I really need to extend a special thank you to Dr. Williams.
You have taught me a lot more medicine over the computer than I would have
thought possible, and rest assured that you have not heard that last of
questions from me!  Don't be surprised if you start seeing a lot more
packages arriving at Accupath from Virginia Beach.

Of course a farewell message wouldn't be complete without thanks to Chris,
the original FML moderator, and Bill, who has done a *tremendous* job -- I'm
sure the incredible growth of the list has had a lot to do with your
involvement.

So thank you to all of you, for your advice, friendship, and funny stories
over the years.  I am quite sure that this is far from the last I have seen
of many of you, or you of me.  I'll probably be hooking up with AOL when I
move, so I'm sure you'll see me in the ferret boards there, and in the odd
internet chat or two.  And should you need a vet who loves ferret, you can
always find me at Casey Animal Hospital in Portsmouth, Virginia; well, at
least for the next year, and hopefully a lot longer. :)  Anyway, until we
meet again, here's to all of you, and your fuzzies!

So long,

Laura L'Heureux-Kupkee
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of 1996