From:
Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 21:05:48 -0400
I think going to the ferret fun days or the ferret shows will just have to
stop!   It is just to much and to hard to go and end up bringing home MORE
FERRETS!!!!!  Just kidding We would have a dozen.

We were at N. Conway at the Ferret Fun Day and ended up with a beautiful
white MF male.  He has the glass pink eyes and REALLY big feet.  I think he
is about 7 months but is bigger than our Burglar.  He has a cage mate, MF
female, Nala, about a year old and a real sweetheart too.

I just ordered a special cage for four ferrets for the motorhome and now
what do I do?

I will have to start piling them on top of one another.  They both seem to
be making themselves right at home and get along great with Flower and
Blossom.  Burglar is somewhat ruff but gets along.  Missitoo hates everyone
but Burglar so she isn't allowed to play with them.  When Missitoo is out
she goes around the other cages and sticks her nose through and grabs who
ever and what ever she can get.  She is a sweet little girl but hates the
other ferrets.

We did have a scare Sunday.  Nala started coughing and having trouble
breathing but never found out just what was wrong.  It lasted most of the
day.  I gave her Bendryl and kept her quiet best I could and she was fine
while she was sleeping.  I gave her oil just in case and she was drinking
and eating fine also going pottie fine.  Late in the afternoon she seemed to
straighten out.  I called the vet (he is great, Mother's Day and all) He
just said I was doing good and keep an eye on her, if I needed to bring her
just call him back.  Thank Haven I didn't have to take her.  Any thoughts???
Gums were fine, I thought of blockage.  I thought of allergys, not sure.
Anyway everyone is fine now and that brings us up to SIX!~!!

Prayers to all who have lost their fuzzy friends and any who are sick.

Love and fuzzy kisses
Penny,  Burglar, Missitoo, Flower, Blossom and the new ones Snowball and
Nala