From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:32:26 +1300
I have to admit defeat - Milly has beaten me.

I have spent the better part of the last two weeks seriously trying to
ferret proof my shelves (and much more time on and off as well) only to
have my proofing defeated time and time again by my tiny wonder girl Milly.
I give her a telling off, a scruffing and toss her onto the bean bag and
she just bounces back at me like it is all just a big game (which it is -
to her!).

Well tonight I heard crashing sounds from the lounge and I come rushing in
from the kitchen to investigate and what do I find?  Milly walking along
the curtain pelmets knocking my bowling trophies onto the floor.

To say I was unimpressed is an understatement.  Well I have decided enough
is enough - As I don't have the smarts to out think a ferret so I'm gonna
have to take the brute force approach and ban all the ferrets from the
lounge.  There is just too much the ferrets can get into once they get
onto the shelves and ferret proofing in the lounge is a continual problem
anyway - a small lounge makes furniture arrangement difficult without
creating "stepping stones" to places the ferrets shouldn't be!

Oh the shame of it.  Outsmarted by a ferret.  Again.

Sigh,
-David