From:
"Russ S. Hazzon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 19:18:27 -0500
To Chris Haas:

Chris,
        I know what you're going through!  After bringing a kit into the
house, my two one-year-olds came down with the mysterious green diarrhea
virus.  Zuki recovered fairly quickly, but still hasn't gained her weight
back as of yet.  Scooter took a lot longer to get better.  He is recovering
now after 6 weeks of this.  His hind is still very thin, but he is finally
eating and drinking on his own.  He refused to eat ANYTHING before.  We
started him on Gerber #2 Chicken baby food and it seemed to work, but only
when force fed.  I'd offer him a piece of the Totally Ferret, and he would
grab it and hide it somewhere.  Finally I started taking pieces of the
Totally Ferret and rubbing them against his teeth on the side of his mouth.
When his mouth finally cracked open I would put it between his teeth so he
would HAVE to chew it.  He'd take a bite and let the crumbs fall onto the
floor.  After doing this for several days he finally started eating it on
his own.
        Far from perfect health, Scooter is definately recovering well.  His
appetite is up and he is sucking down fluids (water) like a fish!  The only
problem left is to get him to start using the litterboxes again.  It's very
frustrating, but one look at their little faces makes it all worth it!!!!
Regards... Russ Hazzon                                   e-mail: