From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:36:20 -0400
Just now the news showed some minks that had escaped from a farm and
there was a crew trying to catch them. The mink looked exactly like
a ferret, only black. Of course they are in the same family.

The minks ran and jumped just like a ferret. They fought hard for their
freedom but lost. Eventually they will be killed and skinned for their
pelt. I find this most disheartening. Was not only the low spot of the
day but of the month and more. Yes animals are given to us to use, not
abuse, and harvesting pelts from a mink is not abuse. Just the same I
see absolutely no reason to harvest mink pelts. We have all kinds of
clothing that perform the same function, just not with the Hollywood
glamour of a mink pelt.

Of course I am sided for the preservation of the animal and I do not
support the mink market. Mink are not pets but if raised in appropriate
environments could they be?

I say let the mink go back to the wild and let those who need a coat
go to the brick and mortar places to buy a manufactured item.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

J Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia  23111