From:
"Epstein, Nancy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:46:31 -0500
Hey everyone!  I was wondering how unusual it is for a ferret not to gain
weight in the winter and get a winter coat.  I have three ferrets, one
albino (Jinx) and two sables (Thor and Rhy-oh-ki).  Rhy-oh-ki was an only
ferret for about a year.  He has always had a great coat.  Last winter,
while he was still an only ferret, he did gain winter weight and he had a
great winter coat.  I adopted Jinx and Thor at the end of this past summer.
Jinx and Thor now have these thick wonderful winter coats and Rhy-oh-ki
looks small and skinny compared to them.  I keep three food bowls in their
cage constantly filled and there are three 32 oz.  water bottles that are
always full and kept fresh.  I always make sure that treats are distributed
evenly between the three.  Rhy-oh-ki is playing, eating, drinking, pooping
etc. normally.  Is there any reason I should be worried that he is the
only one that did not gain his winter weight and coat?

Nancy Epstein