From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:39:38 -0500
[Moderator's note: This post was accompanied with a note asking if I
thought it was alright to post about expired needles.

My personal feelings about the use of them doesn't much matter, though
I certainly have. The main danger with expired "hard" devices such as
these (as opposed to medications) is that their seals may deteriorate
thus threatening their sterility.

The enire issue of expired medical products is a LOT more complicated
than it seems at first glance. I could probably go on discussing it
for a very long time and I'm by no means a professional in that area.

Anyhow, I certainly don't have a problem mentioning them on the FML.
People need to decide for themselves if there are dangers or problems
which careful inpection won't uncover. BIG]

I order butterfly needles (for giving fluids) from Medcare Products and
yesterday I surfed the site and found that they have some butterfly
needles on sale for .10 cents a piece (usually .40 each). The needles
are the 19 3/4 size, which is my personal preference. Please note that
these are EXPIRED needles, but are factory/safety sealed. I have used
them in the past - they are fine and I have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS
with them. They have 3200 of them left. For instance, 1,000 butterfly
needles cost me $100, plus shipping.

Make sure you add the expired version to your cart. Although they
show up at the regular price, I was only charged .10 each. Of course
I called to verify that and everything was perfect with my order.

Lisa