From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:52:31 -0600
Someone (forgot who) asked if there was any way to get ferrets to share.
HA!  Ours don't even share the stuff they stole from us.  And Boomer will
cuss you out, grunting, hissing, and then chomp on your toe if you take
something that he requisitioned.  He has decided that he needs Dean's
hairbrush more than Dean does, so now when Dean gets out of the shower, he
just goes under the couch for his brush.  Same thing with my calculator - if
Boomer sees my backpack on the floor, he won't rest until he gets it open
and drags my calculator off.  And yes, he can open zippers.  Bongo doesn't
steal things - she just likes to poke around and "unpack" - dump everything
out, sniff through it, and then leave.  She has a beanbag frog that is HERS,
and NO ONE is to touch it.  Not even Boomer.  He's almost twice as big as
Bongo, but boy, he's scared to touch that frog!  If we take it out and put
it by him, he hisses at it and runs away.  I guess we know who wears the
pants in their relationship!  BTW, Both of them will also take insoles out
of shoes.  Must be some weirdo ferret quirk...

Ferrets most certainly can climb.  I found Bongo emptying out the cupboard
above the fridge one day - Tupperware flying everywhere.  We still don't
know how she got up there.

Okay, what is Ferrets in the Pants Day???  I've never heard of it, but it
sounds...intriguing.

Tanya
Bongo ("Who keeps putting stuff back in these drawers?  I just emptied
        them.")
Boomer ("Mine, mine, mine!")