From:
Suzy Cecere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 12:44:58 -0700
Microsoft you just have to love 'em, at least they keep me very gainfully
employed.

I spent most of Saturday doing my one yearly rebuild of my home PC, adding
some new hardware and reinstalling OS's (I dual boot).  I have this theory
that the best way to clean up unwanted files and programs from my harddrives
is to just fdisk and start over.

Not wanting to spend the better part of the day in my office away from the
fur kids (my office is not very ferret safe), I moved my PC into the den
with the kids.  My systems has a tool free case and since I had done a
hardware upgrade I had not snapped the front panel back into place when I
move it and set it on the floor in the den.  The cover was on, but not
having the front panel left a 2x6 inch slot between the one harddrive and
CD-ROM.  I was just returning to the den with a hand full of CD-ROMS when I
saw a tail disappearing into the computer.  Should have know better.  I
lifted the case off to find JAWS "AKA Amelia" setting on top of the 230 watt
power supply.  I'm very glad I saw the tail and didn't power up the system.
I can just imagine what all the drives spinning up and the fans would have
cause her to do.  All my kids seem to be without fear, I can't vacuum
without them attacking, trying to save me from the monster.  So I'm sure
that Amelia would have done her best to protect me from the fun with Mr.
Bill afternoon.

Now my two cents on the grace with which Bob Chruch holds his tongue.  It's
so damn easy to set behind the keyboard and flame away, call names and sling
stones.  It's safe, you don't have to look someone in the eye and say the
things to them, sort of like talking behind their backs.  We have all done
it or some form of it.  I myself will try and learn from Bob.

Suzy and the Minons of Chaos