From:
Mark & Pam Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 00:35:18 -0500
Hi,

I have been on the FML for 2 years -- and I am convinced you are the
experts.  I need HELP!

I was adopted by a 8 week old female a couple days ago.  I have two others
(males, 1yr. & 2 yrs.).  They seem to be doing OK with her as long as we
supervise.  PROBLEM:  Every time she wakes up in her cage she cries, and
cries and cries... day and night!  Personally, I think she is more like 6
weeks old and crying for her Mom.

My husband and I have no children and we had her checked by the vet today
to make sure she was OK, and happy to report she is A-OK!  Do we treat her
like a baby and not get her out (pick her up) everytime she cries???  Then
maybe she will get use to being in her cage?  I hate hearing her cry
(especially at night)... we have her out in the TV room with us, so she
isn't alone.  We have a toy and water and food and hammock in the cage...
will she outgrow this?  Neither of our other two ever cried!

Thanks for any help you can give!
Pam
         email:   [log in to unmask]

INDY: "Why is that little thing making that noise?"
BEAR: "I'm not sure but she seems to be getting a lot of attention...
       should we start doing it?"