Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 00:28:27 -0400
It was decided this week, that our oldest girl, Chi Chi Marie, will make
the journey over the Rainbow Bridge Saturday morning to finally join her
boyfriend, Hops, who had crossed over more than over a year and a half
ago, and Penelope (Penny / Granny P), who had crossed this past fall.

Chi Chi has been living with both lymphoma and adrenal cancer for some
time now, and since Hops passing, she has been steadily succumbing to
the cancers; losing the mobility she once had; as well as her sight.  It
was Tuesday evening that we decided to make the appointment, when she was
out for her cage cleaning and bath, and saw her mobility had once again
taken another step downward.

In all honesty, I didn't think she would've lasted this long after Hops
passed, as they were truly a bonded pair.  You could tell she knew he was
gone from her life, and see the depression within her.  She stopped her
chatters and dooks, and even though she had 6 other brothers and sisters,
she had no bond with them like she had with Hops.  So, in part, I am both
happy and sad with having to do this.  I am happy though, because now
she will once again be with her love, Hops, to play, and kiss in big
plastic bags.  This brings back the memory of both Chi Chi's and Hops'
behavior after I had brought Chi Chi back from her surgery and 2 day
hospital stay.  When I finally brought her home, I got Hops out to meet
her.  Instantly, he started chattering and started giving her kisses on
her face, and then she started in chattering back.  I had never seen this
behavior in ferrets before, and it truly brought a tear to my heart,
because I now knew how strong of a bond they had.  And, I knew that if
one were to pass be fore the other, it would certainly be the beginning
of the end for the other.  Chi Chi would, from time to time, want to play
with the others, and try to tease them to chase her the way she would do
with Hops.  But, with them being younger, their playing was always a bit
rougher than she wanted, but yet she would play with before running away
to play in a plastic bag.

So, I am hoping that Sandeeferret and the other greeters will tell Hops
and Penny that Chi Chi will be coming across to join them this Saturday
morning after 9:30, and please ask Hops to meet her with a big plastic
bag so they can kiss and play with each other once again.

With thanks,
Neil & Nathan
And the remaining 9 Stinklings (Frosty, Baby Cheese, Belle, Bah-boo,
Podo, Sylly, Louie-Louie, Pixie Stix, and A-A)