From:
Lisa Silverstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 04:33:42 -0800
This is my first time submitting to the FML, so be patient if I am not
quite as apt with this just yet.

As far as the discussion on the Giving Tree, I would like to say that
I lead an extremely hectic and busy life, however, I do make sure to
sit down and write a quick Thank You note to each of my Santas. I do
believe it means so much to them, and I know, as a Santa myself, it
does make you feel good about doing what you do.

As soon as I receive confirmation of a Santa, I email the Santa and
request some sort of mailing address. I do explain that I send out a
Thank You note and I just need any mailing address they are willing
to give, as long as they will receive it. No Santa has disagreed to
provide me with one. Then, after my crazy day, I will sit down, even
if it is before I go up to bed, and write up a little note for a Santa.
Even if you only do one per day, they will get done in the end.

I feel so good about sending those Thank Yous, it warms my heart, and
makes me feel more connected with the person. I agree that if you just
accept the gifts like they are expected, I believe it makes a Santa
feel discouraged. Give your Santas, and yourself, that warm, fuzzy
feeling inside, write them just a little Thank You note.