Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 03:29:47 -0500
 To: Bob Rhode and all

> Great New Toy Hot Tip:

> Run, don't walk, to your nearest home improvement store and buy a
> plastic dryer hose!  We bought a piece 8 feet x 4 inch diameter (about
> 6 inches long when squished up in the bag) from Builders Square for
> about $2.00, and the ferrets LOVE it!

Well, about two weeks ago I put my oragami skills to work on a large piece
of currogated cardboard.  I folded it up in a square tube shape (you know
how hard it is to fold cardboard into a circle??) and cut it in the middle
to fold it at a 90 degree angle.  (let me draw: )
        |                   /\                   |       top view
        |__________________/  \__________________|

From the top, the cut in the middle (at 45 degree angles to the sides) will
fold into a nice corner of 90 degrees or so (give or take what you messed up
on when you measured the 45 degrees :)

So anyway, I have made myself a neat-o tunnel, large enough for my rug rat to
fit in (many cardboard tubes I have found don't fit her) and with a corner to
fall in love with.  She crawls in there and sleeps, eats, plays, hides, what-
ever a ferret loves to do.  I plan on making another one soon.

Right now I have it under the top and side of my waterbed.  It's really neat
to hear her at night snoring right along with me... :)  (no, she isn't very
loud -- I remember the few questions about ferrets with loud snores)

Now another "does-your-ferret-do-what-MY-ferret-does?" question:

  Anyone found their pet with paintbrushes?  I have a brand new, unwrapped
  paintbrush that Daphne insists on hiding all the time.  She also snagged
  some little kleenex packets -- the personal, pocket-sized ones.

Weird.
                          John