From:
"Reet ..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:20:27 PDT
Boy, to think when we first got him as a kit, Dexter used to carry him
around and try and stash him in places..  He's grown into a real lump, and
now he's the one dragging Dexter around *grin*

One thing about him, he seems to do the 'speedbump' thing a lot..
Sometimes he'll just flop down and lie there, sometimes he'll wiggle back
and forth and stretch himself right out..  Often when he's like this, he'll
get this really blank look and just stare striaght ahead, and I have to
prod him to get his attention.  The only other ferret I have to compare by
is Dexter, since they are my first, and Dexter only speedbumps when he's
having a hissy fit because he's had something he shouldn't have taken off
him *grin*.  So I don't know if it's just a personality difference, or what.

Aside from this, he seems perfectly healthy.  Eating, sleeping, pooping,
he's not losing weight or anything either, and he's playing he's very
energetic.  Until he suddenly decides to flops down.  He's always done
this, but he seems to be doing it a lot more recently..  Is he just wearing
himself out or what?

Once when he was doing it, I lay down flat in front of him, mimicking what
he was doing.  He put his head up, looked at me in surprise for a few
seconds, jumped up, licked my face then ran off to play, and didnt do it
again for quite a while, that I saw..  I heard somewhere it's a form of
submission or something?  Do I have a low self-esteemed ferret or
something?

Your thoughts would be apreciated :)

- Reet