From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 07:48:34 -0800
Karen Rankin:

        I am responding to your posting that your ferret, Sam, has acne.
Well, my cat had what they call "feline acne" when he was three years old,
I think, but he might have been four. It was acne on his chin. The
veterinarian I take my cats to see prescribed pills for my cat, Chester, to
take and gave us samples of a prescription cream to put directly on the
acne. I am guessing that the same pills and cream I used on Chester is what
you would use on a ferret. There is probably, in different wording, "ferret
acne," which Sam, I am sure, has. Ask your veterinarian about this, and
tell him what I told you; that might be just what Sam has. I hope that I
have been of some help to you.

        On a last note, sadly, Chester lost fur on his chin due to the
acne, but the acne was gone in a couple of weeks and his fur grew back in a
little less than a month. A ferret will probably lose fur, too.

Hope Sam gets better soon!

---Owner of Chester