From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 20:06:13 -0800
I know this is off topic, but I know how this group is and I'm hoping
for everyone's positive thoughts, prayers, and vibes.  My one-eyed Jake
(kitty) goes in for surgery tomorrow.  He has a chronic inflammatory
stomatitis, which could require dental surgery every few months.  My vet
says that after a few dental procedures and the return of symptoms within
a couple of months, the recommended treatment is to pull their teeth
except for canines.  The gums callous over & eventually they are able to
resume a regular diet of hard food - and then they don't have to undergo
surgery every 2-3 months for the rest of their lives.  He says that they
end up much more content and can relax & enjoy life once their mouth/teeth
are not in chronic pain (and absolute hideous breath!!!!!!) I completely
trust my vet 100%, so we are going ahead with the surgery.  Then, if all
goes well and I have the guts, my Tigger (15 y.o.  queen kitty) will be
going in for dental surgery on Thursday, but not the same type at all.
I've had Tigger since she was 4 months old and she has moved with me to 4
different states.  I will need to be on big time medications when her time
comes, she is an unreal cat, and an ambassador to anyone who thinks they
don't like cats.  She is the "once in a lifetime" pet.  I have many, many
people standing in line for this cat should I not be able to take care of
her, even people who "hate" cats.  The thought of losing her is completely
unbearable.  I've had a lot of losses this past year and I am incredibly
anxious & nervous with her declining health.  This next week is going to
be very tough on me, although I have no reason to believe that everything
won't go as planned.  They should both come out of this just fine &
feeling better.  I'm just really, really nervous.

All the ferrets (only 3 left!!) are doing pretty good.  I can't believe
I'm down to 3, and really am looking forward to getting a couple more,
but I want things to settle down a bit in the pet world before bringing
another one in.  Thanks in advance for your positive thoughts, we really
need them.

Holly & crew (P-Bear, Buddy & Wheelie - the fuzzbutts, and Tigger, Jake &
Borris - the kitties)