From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:06:08 -0400
Megan - I know its sort of scary to post where you live on the internet but
maybe a list member can help you get the cage home somehow?

As for the scab and vomiting ferret.  Similar problem here except Giesela's
scab is larger and on her thigh.  My vet just looked at it, shrugged and
said maybe its an ingrown hair.  (Notice you don't see me posting to the
"my wonderful vet subject thread).  She also has vomited a couple of times
in the last month.  Ever since she had an actual blockage and blocakge
surgery she seems to be a bit more of a "puker".  I used to rush her down
every time and at 3.5 yrs she probably has about 20 x-rays (some barium,
some not) on file (none of which ever showed anything, not even the 4
pieces of rubber they pulled out of her gut).  Now I start dosing with
frequent laxatone and go on high alert.  Sometimes I take her down just for
palpitation.  Right now she seems fine, eating, drinking, pooping.  I think
I'm going to take her in Friday and INSIST they look at the scab closer and
palpitate.  Anyone else with occasional pukers?

Mary, Booker the dog and Giesela and Boris the fuzzbutts