From:
Rhondda Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:53:31 -0500
Hi, I recently joined this list, though I've been the domestic servent to
my two jills for 2 years now.  I'm writing to ask how other Fuzzies deal
with not ferret pets?

A year ago I adopted a 11 day old kitten abandoned by its mother.  I wanted
to ease her into being friendly with my girls (Nala and Surabi) so under
strict supervision I set them together.  They ADOPTED her, to my amazement!
She was warm and comfy to curl around to sleep, and she was fun to play
with.  They even played with her gently!  When the kitten (Starbuck) was
old enough to litter train I found to my wonder that Nala and Surabi even
took care of that for me.

Of course, my cat now thinks she's a ferret.  She jumps about when excited
and even hops from side to side when playing with her older 'brother' cat.
She also has the annoying habit of digging in my plants.  (Some habits the
Fuzzies could have kept to themselves.)

Nala and Surabi still consider my cat the best present I ever brought them.
She plays with them (her 'brother' does as well to a much lesser degree)
and learned to back off when she gets a non-injuring nip on the cheek or
ear.

Does anyone else have sucess with mixed families?  If so what pets seem to
have the best friendships with ferrets?

Rhoni Lake slave to Nala and Surabi