From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:29:56 -0500
Jennifer, and actually anyone who is concered with hissing.

Jennifer, I agree with you in regard to "hissing" being funny!  I have
never taken this funny little sound as anything but a good sound.  I have
always considered to be thier way of laughing!  My Chance, a relatively
big boy, is the loudest, and most frequent "hisser"/"laughier I have ever
heard.  When he and his "brother" Storm get going, it is the funniest
thing!  Chance will bouce, and bounce on his front paws, his mouth wide
open, and he is laughing, and laughing and having a wonderful time
wrestling with his "brother" Storm does his share of laughing too!!
Sometimes Chance will sneak up on some"ferty", and when he tackles them,
he starts laughing again!!  It just looks like he is having the best time
in the world!!  Sometimes my itsey-bitsey Scarlett-mouse (Scarlett is her
real name, she weighs 1 lb 4 oz!) anyway, sometimes she'll "laugh".  But
there is no greater, no louder, no happier "hissing/" / "laughing" to be
heard, than that which comes from my big boy, even though he is no longer
a kit, or technically young for that matter, (shhh, don't let him know
that!!  He thinks like a kit!) In my observation, it has seemed to be
that the young ferts, and / or the kits, are the ones who do the most
"laughing" Oh, and Jennifer, I have been known to get a hiising game
going myself!!  And YES, it's a blast !!  Donchas jes' luv it??????!!!!!

I hope that between your post and mine that whomever it was that was
worried about hissing/ laughing feels better!

Sincerely,
Sue