From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 23:14:29 -0500
This was my story, now its all memories.  For I saw the bridge and ran home
to a place of peace, love, and no more dissappointments.  I crossed the
bridge to go home to my Maker, tonight.

I am a rejected rescue.  When I was rescued, I had an offer for adoption.
Mommy said, she would keep me until my adopted mommy (who I called my real
mommy) could bring me home.

I waited and played.  I heard mommy mention my name several times.  I knew I
would go unwanted.  I didn't chose the place I was rescued from.  I was
"sort of abandoned" there.  My real mommy got her boy back, and I knew I was
going to be the next one to go home.  Then my shelter mom started showing
concern.  I didn't understand why.  I was going to go home next.  But
shelter mom said, No you aren't next.  Your real mommy took 2 other ferrets
home first." I looked and didn't know what to say.  I couldn't figure out
what I did wrong.  Why wasn't I next?  Why didn't my real mommy want me?  I
dook and dance and play like or better than the rest.  Why aren't I going
home?

My shelter mommy said, "It is because of coat changing colors." "Shelter
Mom, why?", I asked crying tears of disappointment.  "What did I do wrong"
Shelter Mom kindly explained, "Your guard hairs are disappearing and it may
mean you have a medical problem." "But my real mommy will love me enough to
take care of me, won't she?" Shelter Mom said, "Your used to be real mommy
said she doesn't want you because she can't afford the surgery." "But don't
worry little one, I'll do what I have to get the surgery." " I do love you,
and you will always have a home here with me.  May I be your real mommy,
please?"

I didn't know what to say.  I ran to my sleep sack and curled up and hoped
it was all a bad dream.  I knew it wasn't but will never understand why.

[DC]