Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:56:44 -0400
Quick update: The bedroom window was replaced yesterday.  Turns out it
wasn't a storm window but thermal which makes the price seem even higher,
but....

The insurance person didn't show but then I really didn't expect them to.
They may all be in the panhandle where there's so much sad devastation or
still south of us.  Neither did anyone show to give me estimates on roof
repair.  I have two but there's such a difference I'd like one or two
more.  I don't think there's much the insurance would cover on the sheds
with them just aluminum anyhow.  The flooring definitely needs to be
replaced and gaps need to be sealed so no idea if the insurance will
cover any of it.  There's no real damage to anything inside except for
whatever is mildewed and some rust.  I'm not going to worry about any of
that though. :)  If we can get it fixed, fine but if not it's no big
deal.

Picked up several prescriptions from the pharmacy for the kids today and
your donations were a great help!  Heart meds will be needed for 3 of the
kids next week.  The kids send hugs and my sincere thanks!  I've tried to
close for a year now due to health problems and Social Security doesn't
go as far as we need.  I've thought about asking others to take some of
the kids but all the shelters are so full and I don't feel I can send
old/sick ferrets out as the stress would probably kill them.  Your
donations will be used to help with my insurance deductible as wel
l as help with the mortgage payment since much of it went to hurricane
preparedness needs of the shelter.  I do plan to get some things on
eBay as soon as there's time.

Thank you so very much!
Jackie & Crew
The Dook Nook