From:
Kelly Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:21:34 -0800
I just had to write and let you wonderful ferret lovers know just how
discriminating "some" of the Patrol officers are in the lovely state of
Calif.  My husband has been working in Calif for approx 10 months now.
We have two vehicles and he had been taking our car until the weather
started to change a couple of months ago, and since then he has been
taking our blazer.  Well our blazer is equipped with a I love (heart)
Ferrets bumper sticker.  Now a couple of weeks ago he was driving through
Barstow, CA, minding his own business and (amazingly enough) at the speed
limit when he was pulled over by this Calif Hwy patrol officer.  The
officer marched up to the drivers window and demanded to know if he was
transporting ferrets into Calif.  My hubby (whom I'm very proud of and
who comes home because he misses his babies, and me 2nd lol but true)
asked the officer if he had read the bumper sticker on the back of the
blazer, because if he had he ought to know that there would never be a
time where he would bring his precious little babies anywhere where there
were people that would hurt or destroy them!  With that he took off, only
to get pulled over again, at which time he told the officer to search the
vehicle and he (my hubby) would be more than happy to call in a complaint
of harassment into his superiors and to all newspapers, at this the
officer apologized and was on his way.  Ed (my hubby) is still burning up
over this one.

Take care all,

Kelly